Sunday, January 08, 2012

OUMAXI Acrylic Paints

I have a lot of different acrylic paints which I use for my nail art and tried all those different textures like oil based paints, water based and clay based. And most of all I wanted to try out OUMAXI set. Because it became very popular and a lot of people like it. So I took a quick look at the kkcenterhk web-site and was completely interested in metallic gold and silver paints. The swatches was really nice and pigmented. But when I got my set there wasn't any gold or silver colors at all. Seriously don't know why, but on the web-site there is completely random paints swatched, at least I think so. Also I didn't got a yellow color tho... Anyways, meet my new acrylic paints ->

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Price: $26.32
Available: KKCENTERHK
12 colors acrylic paints.
Net: 22ml each tube
Without any YELLOW paint.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
A bit closer to the acrylic set. All of them are basic creme colors. Very nice and bright paints.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Cool" side of the set. I like that pink. I have 3 other acrylic sets and non of them has a pink shade. So now I have my own Barbie-ish color :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I played with some of OUMAXI colors and found that not all of them evenly pigmented. I mean light blue, black and white paints are really nice and opaque and royal blue and pink paints are more sheer and it need 2 coats for smooth application.
I also have tried them for one-stroke technique and the texture is a bit thick. So I mixed them with a little bit water and only after that I was able to use them for one-stroke.

One-stroke "BUTTERFLIES"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
All the butterflies should look like this on my thumb finger but general view wasn't too bad LOL~
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"STAINED GLASS"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is my current mani. I've tried to use detail brush for the acrylic paints and I like it a lot! The application goes very smooth without any bumps and it dries quite fast too.
My nails finally getting longer and I'm happy :)))
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
OVERALL: I do like this acrylic paints! And I can forgive and do it without any yellow shades in the set because as I said before I have a lot of other paints already. And for those who just started doing nail art I suggest to go to ur craft store and buy more cheap acrylic paints to play with at first and then if U'd like something special for nails I do recommend OUMAXI.

Have U tried OUMAXI acrylic paints already? Do U like them?

Product was sent for review.

11 comments:

  1. How fun! Very 60's and 70's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really never thought to try acrylic paints before on my nails, but it seems like an interesting thing to try. I like your nail art, you're so talented!

    Chrissy
    My makeup blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of buying some Oumaxi paints too. Do you think they are better and more pigmented then for example Folkart paints?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamilla Camel hahaha~ Thanx :)

    Chriselle Sy ThanQ very much! It's really great product to try out especially if U like freehand nail art :)

    Cajanails Nailart, really I haven't tried Folkart paint cause they are not available here in Korea, but OUMAXI is pretty the same as my craftstore acrylics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks..great info! I just started using acrylic paints for my nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. acrylic paint in ny view is so much better than those polish pens you can get. these look great and the kkcenterhk is a really good site :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got these too via a friend! i can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice paints, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My oumaxi set arrived yesterday and YES I bought it for the gold and silver colors and fortunately were in the set. I love it! I'm waiting my other stuff that I bought online and after that I'll post them on my blog. I'll wait for you to take a look :)

    missadelinne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. MissAdelinne have you got the link to where you got your paints from? as I'M after a set which includes gold & silver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can look for this paints at www.kkcenterhk.com

      Delete

LET ME KNOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...